Is almost the end of the month and I didn’t realize I have not done the monthly update. I think is mostly because not much has happen in the garden this month. The plants are starting to wake from their winter slumber but still have a bit until any big display happen.
- The balcony is a mess. I will sort it out this month, there is a lot to do for the coming spring.
- Most plants have been the same. The herbs are reviving and a lot of them are getting some new growth. The Rosemary keeps blooming like crazy. I am surprised the Aloe and the Maguey have it too. I was expecting them to struggle to adapt since they come from the hot Mexico, but they seem to be doing just fine.
- The tulips keep on growing. I think they will get very tall soon.
- Most vegetables seem to have stunted, probably because I didn’t had a cover for them during the winter. Hopefully they will start growing now that the weather is better, If they don't I can always sow more.
- The strawberries are very beaten from the cold, but they seem to be hanging there enough. Also the blueberries start to have swollen flower buds.
- For the flowers, the Kalanchoe is preparing her spring display, and all the flower pots seem to be blooming nicely, even the one planter that had been shy, with the help of the banana milkshake it seems to be recovering already. I will write more about that later. There are some new flowers on the garden, but I will introduce those on their own post.
- The rest of the plants seem to be ok. The only casualty of this winter has been the ornamental peppers. They didn’t make it this time, but is ok because there are a lot of new peppers coming.